- Oversee the receiving of produce shipments from arrival through to credit claims.
- Receive Produce shipments and give direction to other produce staff receiving the order.
- Prioritize the next steps once the order has arrived.
- Review quality of Produce received and accuracy of invoice.
- Claim credit with vendors when appropriate
- Perform Produce Clerk duties as required
- Follow merchandizing guidelines set by the Produce Manager (featuring produce, displays, specials)
- Occasional work as backup cashier: Check out customer purchases quickly and accurately, using correct prices and codes.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Health Benefits after 3 months of employment
- Profit Sharing enrollment at 1 year of employment
- Farm Tours
- 25% Staff Discount benefit
New for 2021, changed Covid-19 Policies at Sunnyside Market
As of January 1, 2021 we have changed our face covering policy for the protection of our customers and staff. Our space is small and people are not always able to social distance:
Face Masks Required Upon Entry
Entry to the store is prohibited without proper face covering (we are happy to offer you one if you need it). If you're exempt from wearing a face covering please use our Curbside Pick-up service.
Please don't be disrespectful to our staff. Direct all comments/questions to store owners at: Info@Sunnysidemarket.ca
Designated enter and exit doors:
Enter at East door
Exit via West door
How It Works:
• The Entrance is normally open so please come in.
• However when we reach maximum capacity, the Entrance door is locked. In that case, please form an orderly line up towards 10th St. NW, ensuring to keep a safe distance from each other.
• As shoppers exit the store we will then allow the same number of people in line to enter the store.
How you can help:
• Make a shopping list and shop intentionally.
• Please shop quickly and efficiently.
• Make use of our Curbside Pick-up service.
We are truly grateful for your support and patience since March, as we have worked to reduce the risk of exposure for our employees and customers. Let’s continue to work together towards a safe resolution to this pandemic.
Family Day shortened opening hours; 9 AM - 6 PM
We are open a shortened day, 9 AM - 6 PM on Family Day, Monday February 15.
Holiday Hours 2020
We are closed for the Holiday season on the following days :
|Christmas||Friday December 25th|
|Boxing Day||Saturday December 26th|
|New Years Day||Friday January 1st|
We close early the following days:
|Christmas Eve||4PM - Thursday December 24th|
|New Years Eve||6PM - Thursday December 31st|
Notice of Curbside Pick-up changes over Holiday Season
HOLIDAY NOTICE: With the festive season upon us, there are some important changes to our Curbside Pick-up service over the holidays. We are implementing a Reservation system in the week of Dec 20 - 26. Please click to read details.
And a huge THANK YOU for supporting our curbside pick-up program at Sunnyside Market over the last 9 challenging months! It has been a pleasure to cultivate a new way of engaging our customers. We’re glad to be able to provide this contact-free shopping platform that enables you to support a Calgary business and local farmers & producers. It has been a journey and we appreciate that you’ve come along for the ride!
On Labour Day weekend, we're open 9 - 7 every day
We are maintaining our normal opening hours throughout the Labour day weekend: 9 AM - 7 PM
POSITION FILLED We're Hiring! Full time Produce Receiver position
Better Food for Better living!
We are seeking a full-time candidate (30 - 35 hrs/week) for our Produce Receiver position, who shares our passion for Organic and Local food. Someone experienced in a Produce department, who is organized with an eye for detail, must be physically fit, has exceptional communication skills and loves interacting with customers.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Extended Opening Hours
Extended opening hours
Starting Saturday June 20, we are open
9 AM - 7 PM 7 days a week (holidays excluded)
Victoria Day long weekend update
We are open our regular hours on Victoria day weekend: 10 AM - 6 PM
New Hours and Ordering Services
Our Curbside Pick-up and Delivery Services have changed
We highly recommend reading our Ordering Services guidelines
In-store Hours changes
Effective immediately, our In-store opening hours are:
10AM - 6PM
Easter Holiday & Ordering Service Updates
We are open our regular hours on Easter weekend: 10 AM - 6 PM
No Delivery service on Easter Sunday April 12
No Curbside Pickup Monday April 13
Ordering Services Modifications
As of Thursday, April 9 there have been some changes in the Services offered. Please visit the Ordering Services page for details.