- Oversee the receiving of produce shipments from arrival through to credit claims.
- Receive Produce shipments and give direction to other produce staff receiving the order.
- Prioritize the next steps once the order has arrived.
- Review quality of Produce received and accuracy of invoice.
- Claim credit with vendors when appropriate
- Perform Produce Clerk duties as required
- Follow merchandizing guidelines set by the Produce Manager (featuring produce, displays, specials)
- Occasional work as backup cashier: Check out customer purchases quickly and accurately, using correct prices and codes.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Health Benefits after 3 months of employment
- Profit Sharing enrollment at 1 year of employment
- Farm Tours
- 25% Staff Discount benefit
Updated Covid-19 Policies at Sunnyside Market
As of July 6, 2021 we have changed our face covering policy. As per the City of Calgary rescinding the public mask bylaw yesterday, Face Masks are No longer required to be worn at Sunnyside Market.
For those concerned about the risk of transmission of Covid-19, please use our Curbside Pick-up service.
Please don't be disrespectful to our staff if you disagree with our policies. Direct all comments/questions to store owners at: Info@Sunnysidemarket.ca
We continue to have designated enter and exit doors:
Enter at East door
Exit via West door
We are truly grateful for your support and patience since the beginning of this pandemic, as we have worked to reduce the risk of exposure for our employees and customers. Let’s continue to work together towards a safe resolution to this outbreak.
August long weekend hours: Open every day, closing at 6pm on Monday Aug. 2
We are open every day over the upcoming August long weekend. However note that we close an hour early, at 6pm, on Monday August 2.
POSITION FILLED We're Hiring! a Full-time Produce Supervisor
We’re seeking a full-time candidate who is passionate about providing superior customer service, has a passion for local and organic food, and a desire to work in a bustling local small business.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
• Outstanding leadership, communication and organizational skills.
• Minimum of 2 years working in a senior position in a produce department, preferably one specializing in local and organic produce.
• Experience with receiving produce shipments from arrival through to credit claims.
• Experience with pricing to meet margin goals.
• Ensure accurate, up-to-date PLU's. Enter new products and price changes promptly and accurately into POS system and updates signage as required.
• Follow merchandising guidelines set by the Produce Manager (featuring produce, displays, and specials).
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices and techniques.
• Self-motivated problem solver with high energy, and a capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
• Proficiency in POS, inventory management and Microsoft office software.
• Willingness to adapt to changing requirements of a growing small business.
• Ability to endure lengthy periods of standing, walking, twisting and working in small spaces. Able to carry/lift 25 kg and work in a cold environment.
Compensation provided but not limited to:
• Competitive wage based on experience.
• Health Benefits after 3 months of employment.
• Profit Sharing enrollment at 1 year of employment.
• 25% Staff Discount benefit.
Family Day shortened opening hours; 9 AM - 6 PM
We are open a shortened day, 9 AM - 6 PM on Family Day, Monday February 15.
Holiday Hours 2020
We are closed for the Holiday season on the following days :
|Christmas||Friday December 25th|
|Boxing Day||Saturday December 26th|
|New Years Day||Friday January 1st|
We close early the following days:
|Christmas Eve||4PM - Thursday December 24th|
|New Years Eve||6PM - Thursday December 31st|
Notice of Curbside Pick-up changes over Holiday Season
HOLIDAY NOTICE: With the festive season upon us, there are some important changes to our Curbside Pick-up service over the holidays. We are implementing a Reservation system in the week of Dec 20 - 26. Please click to read details.
And a huge THANK YOU for supporting our curbside pick-up program at Sunnyside Market over the last 9 challenging months! It has been a pleasure to cultivate a new way of engaging our customers. We’re glad to be able to provide this contact-free shopping platform that enables you to support a Calgary business and local farmers & producers. It has been a journey and we appreciate that you’ve come along for the ride!
On Labour Day weekend, we're open 9 - 7 every day
We are maintaining our normal opening hours throughout the Labour day weekend: 9 AM - 7 PM
POSITION FILLED We're Hiring! Full time Produce Receiver position
Better Food for Better living!
We are seeking a full-time candidate (30 - 35 hrs/week) for our Produce Receiver position, who shares our passion for Organic and Local food. Someone experienced in a Produce department, who is organized with an eye for detail, must be physically fit, has exceptional communication skills and loves interacting with customers.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Extended Opening Hours
Extended opening hours
Starting Saturday June 20, we are open
9 AM - 7 PM 7 days a week (holidays excluded)
Victoria Day long weekend update
We are open our regular hours on Victoria day weekend: 10 AM - 6 PM