Paleo Coconut Bars
Healthy, delicious bars for a quick snack or a light dessert.
- 1½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 cup cashew butter or almond butter
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional Add-Ins: ¼ cup raisins or chopped dark chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
- Spread the coconut on a baking pan and bake for approximately 5-10 minutes or until thoroughly browned and toasted.
- While the coconut is toasting, mix the other ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the toasted coconut. Mix well.
- Press the mixture into a wax paper or saran-lined 8x8 baking dish and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight. Make sure you spend some time really pressing it down into the pan.
- Once it's set, lift from pan and cut into 16 squares.
- Store in a container in the fridge.