Green Curry with Squash and Basil
A hearty and warming curry. Perfect for chilly autumn days when local squash is in season, and the greenhouse is still growing fresh basil!
- 2 tbs green curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk (do not shake)
- 1 tbs fish sauce (optional)
- 1 small pumpkin, butternut squash, or red kuri squash, cubed.
- 1 pound cubed - choice of tofu, chicken, fish, lamb, or pork (optional)
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Cut pumpkin or squash in half, scoop out seeds. Rub with butter, and sprinkle generously with salt. Place on a baking sheet skin side down. Place in oven. Roast for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- Place thick coconut "cream" from top of can into large saucepan. Add curry paste and fry until fragrant. Add remaining thinner coconut milk and water. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, then add fish sauce.
- Add pumpkin/squash cubes and tofu, meat, or seafood if desired.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in basil leaves.
- Serve with rice.