A warming oatmeal that's perfect for the holiday season.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 5 1/2 cups milk or water
- 2 apples, diced small, about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- In a medium size saucepan over medium heat, combine the oats, milk, apples, cranberries, pecans and salt.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the oatmeal has thickened. This should take about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the bananas.
- Scoop into bowls and top with a tablespoon or so of brown sugar. Enjoy!