Turkish-Spiced Roast Vegetable Salad
Take your tastebuds dancing with this tasty blend of vegetables and spices.
- 3 large carrots, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 large yams, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large red onion, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2tsp Turkish Bharat (a spice blend containing black pepper, paprika, cumin, coriander, cloves, mint, rose petals, nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamom) -OR- substitute with Garam Masala.
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
2. In a large bowl, combine carrots, yams, red pepper, onion, olive oil, spices, salt and pepper. Toss well, and spread evenly onto baking sheet in a single layer
3. Bake vegetables until just tender - about 30-40 minutes
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature
5. Transfer cooled vegetables to a large bowl, add cranberries, pumpkin seeds, parsley and lemon juice. Toss to combine. if mixture seems dry, add a little more olive oil.
6. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
A big thanks to local nutritionist Erin Gionet of Fresh Start Wellness for this tasty recipe!