Savoury Turkey Lentil Muffins
Savoury muffins are great for breakfast, as a snack, or even pre or post workout!
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil (to grease pan)
- 3 eggs (2 whites + 1 whole egg)
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt & ground pepper
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 398ml can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups any combination of carrots, celery, and yams, diced.
- 1/2 cup red or orange pepper diced
- 1/4 cup green onion and/or chives chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries chopped
- 1/2 cup raw and unsalted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup feta crumbled (optional)
Preheat oven to 425°F. grease muffin tin with coconut oil or line with muffin paper cups.
In small bowl whisk together eggs, garlic, turmeric, cumin, rosemary, salt and pepper.
In large bowl mix turkey, lentils, diced vegetables (yam, carrots, peppers), onion or chives, chopped cranberries, and any optional ingredients (e.g. pumpkin seeds or feta) with wooden spoon until well mixed. (if using pumpkin seeds, save a few to sprinkle on top before placing in oven.)
Add in egg mixture to above and combine.
drop mixture into muffin cups. (The mixture is sticky, but if too wet, add some quinoa flakes or rolled oats to desired consistency.) Then sprinkle with remaining pumpkin seeds.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked throughout.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan, and cool on cooling rack.
- Serve warm. They will also freeze well.
"Nourish - Simply Delicious Recipes and Clean Eating Program" by Rebecca Garland