Red Velvet Chia Seed Pudding
A nutrient-rich, healthy dessert that still tastes decadent.
- 1 small red beet
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 1 ½ Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Scrub beet and cut off stalk, leaving the skin on to retain color. Place the beet in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and boil for 15-25 minutes, or until beet can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Remove beet from water and let slightly cool. Gently peel skin off beet using your hands or a pairing knife. Cut beet into chunks to add to blender.
- Add all ingredients for chia pudding to a high-speed blender: chopped beet, almond milk, cacao powder, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Blend on high for 30 seconds, or until mixture is combined and beets are fully blended.
- Pour into four jars and cover with airtight lids.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least six hours, or overnight.
- Garnish with coconut flakes, cacao nibs, or chocolate chips before serving. Enjoy!