Grilled Veggie Burgers
A vegetarian Stampede favourite!
- 1/3 cup Bio-Italia pesto
- 1/3 cup plain Fairwinds goat chèvre
- 2 large carrots, cut lengthwise into wide 1⁄4 inch thick strips
- 2 Gull Valley red bell peppers, sides cut off and core and seeds discarded
- 2 Gull Valley yellow peppers, sides cut off and core and seeds discarded
- 1 red onion, cut into 1⁄2-inch thick rounds
- 1 large Gull Valley eggplant, cut into 1⁄2-inch thick rounds
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 Rustic Bakery buns (if you can find them, and if not, whatever works for you)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Mix together the pesto and goat cheese—set aside.
- Brush veggies lightly with oil, and season with salt and pepper.Transfer the veggies to the grill and cook on both sides until tender and a little charred all over—this will be 7 to 10 minutes for the peppers and carrots and about 5 minutes for the onion and eggplant.Toast the buns lightly on the grill. Spread the pesto mixture on the bottom of the buns and add the veggies and the top bun.