Green Turkey Curry
A flavourful and hearty curry dish
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp ginger chopped
- 1 Onion deiced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1-3 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2-3 tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 zucchinis spiralled into noodles
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1 red Thai chili pepper thinly sliced
1. Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of coconut oil, olive oil or clarified butter over medium-high heat. Cook turkey for 8-10 minutes, breaking apart with the back of a wooden spoon. Add garlic, ginger, onion, carrot, and yellow pepper. Sauté until vegetables start of soften, about 5-6 minutes. Add lime juice, green curry paste and coconut milk or cream. Stir to combine and simmer for 20-30 minutes. The mixture should thicken slightly. Also delicious served over Basmati rice.
2. Meanwhile prepare zucchini noodles by heating the remaining olive oil or clarified butter in another large skillet. Add zucchini and cook for 5-8 minutes or until heated through and slightly softened.
3. Serve the zucchini noodles topped with the turkey mixture and garnished with green onions and red Thai chillies if desired.