Fresh Cherry Cobbler
A choice cobbler. Great for when cherries are fresh and the summer sun is setting slow.
- 1/2 cup organic butter
- 1 cup Highroad Crossing stone-ground flour
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1 cup Vital Greens milk
- 2 cups pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup organic sugar (set aside)
- 1 tbsp flour (set aside)
Fresh made whipping cream, or Made by Marcus vanilla ice cream is a great addition when serving.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. Place the butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish, and place in the oven to melt while the oven is preheating. Remove once the butter has melted.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, and baking powder.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla until well blended, then pour the batter into the pan over the butter. Do not stir.
- Rinse out the bowl from the batter, and place cherries into it. Toss the cherries with the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, and tablespoon of flour. Distribute the cherry mixture evenly over the batter. Do not stir.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the cobbler should come out clean.