Coconut Curry Soba with Grilled Shrimp
Noodles, shrimp, and curry... yum! A light and easy meal that is full of flavour.
For the sauce:
- Naam Coconut Curry - a great sauce from a Vancouver based restaurant
For the noodles & shrimp:
- 1 package of soba noodles (about a quarter sized handful of dried noodles per person)
- 1 package frozen shrimp
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ~1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 4-6 brown crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
- Serrano chili pepper, chopped - use as much or as little as your tongue can handle!
- 1 avocado
- Juice from one lime
- Begin by thawing shrimp in a bowl of lukewarm water.
- Warm coconut oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Fill a pot with water, and bring to a boil.
- Add garlic, ginger, mushrooms, Serrano pepper, and shallots into pan and grill for 5 minutes.
- Add soba noodles to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When noodles are tender, drain in colander, rinse well with cool water, and set aside.
- Add desired amount of sauce, salt & pepper, lime juice, and thawed shrimp to the vegetables. Turn pan down to medium-low heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put soba into bowl, and add sauce & vegetables. Garnish with sliced avocado and fresh cut Serrano pepper if desired.