Broiled Steelhead Trout with Rosemary, Lemon, and Garlic
We get fresh B.C. Steelhead Trout every Thursday! Try it out with this simple, but tasty recipe.
- ~ 1lb steelhead trout fillet
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 tbsp's coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil, and additional oil for greasing baking pan
- Prepare a baking or roasting pan by lining it with foil and brushing it with olive oil.
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients except fish into a well-blended paste.
- Place fish skin-side down on baking sheet, then spread seasoning over flesh.
- Broil fish at second rack away from heat for 5 minutes or less, just enough to sear flesh but not burn herbs.
- Lower fish to 3rd or 4th rack and lower oven heat to 325°F Bake for 10 additional minutes, or until fish is cooked through in the thickest portion.
- Serve with steamed vegetables, rice, salad, or whatever you're feeling!