Savoury Summer Salad
A twist on the classic Greek salad. Simple, refreshing, and great for a hot summer day.
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 pound tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 pound cucumber
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- flaky sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
1. Finely slice the red onion. Cut all other veggies into bite sized chunks
2. Place the garlic, a pinch of salt, and the vinegar into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking
3. Add the red onion, red pepper, cucumber, olives, and herbs, and let marinate for 10 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and feta cheese, and toss gently.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Lift salad out of the bowl with a slotted spoon, leaving the juices behind. Serve!