Beer and Bison Stew
A wintertime favourite for store-owners Pat & Patty.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2lbs bison stewing meat (or substitute beef)
- 3 large white onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 bottle of dark ale - Guiness, Mill Street Stout, or Big Rock Traditional are good options
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Brown meat and set aside.
- Brown onion and garlic until onions are brown.
- Return meat to the pot.
- Add in remaining ingredients and simmer for a couple hours. You may want to add more beer if it cooks down.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
Pat & Patty's cookbook