Arugula Watermelon Sandwich
A divine & refreshing 'sandwich' for a hot summer's day.
- 8 slices of watermelon, half an inch thick
- ~ 100g of buffalo mozzarella cheese, divided into 4 portions
- 3 cups locally grown arugula
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp organic brown sugar
First, make a balsamic glaze:
- Combine vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over low heat for 4 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 8 minutes or until reduced by one-third and slightly thick. Turn off burner, and let glaze cool.
The 'sandwich' is quick and easy to prepare:
- Place watermelon pieces between paper towels to absorb extra fluid.
- Add buffalo mozzarella in between two watermelon slices.
- garnish liberally with arugula.
- drizzle balsamic glaze all over.
- Head out to your sunny patio and enjoy! This is the type of sandwich we recommend eating with utensils!